- Niall Campbell
To provide the best available personalized teledermatology healthcare services to individuals, their families, their healthcare providers and the communities we serve.
To promote skin wellness as well as the prevention and treatment of skin disease through personalized healthcare services.
- Working group members believe in honoring the dignity, values and culture of the individuals we serve.
- We believe in comprehensive integrated teledermatology healthcare services to meet the goals and needs of individuals and healthcare providers we serve.
- We believe that many skin diseases are preventable and the early detection of disease, esp. malignant melanoma, is important.
- We believe our employees should be well trained, enthusiastic, engaged, aligned, competent, and trustworthy in order for us to be successful.
- We believe in working with individuals and their healthcare providers to develop innovative approaches to skin wellness and to implement evidence-based prevention and treatment of skin disease utilizing, in part, teledermatology.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide high quality, safe, effective and efficient healthcare.
- We believe in fair pricing of our professional and technical services to continue to grow, develop and improve upon the best, easily accessible, cost-effective teledermatology healthcare services.
Initial goals of the teledermatology working group
- List and give definitions pertinent to teledermatology
- Develop a prototype teledermatology consent form
- Networking among members of the working group and others
- Develop “best practice” teledermatology guidelines:
- Patient confidentiality and privacy
- Informed consent
- Technical standards for live and asynchronous imaging
- Technical standards for communication connectivity
- Procedure to obtain teledermatology consultation
- Use NCCN (http://www.nccn.org) treatment protocols if indicated
- Use CAP (http://www.cap.org) synoptic datapoints for melanoma