GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
This Privacy Notice explains how the INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY for TELEMEDICINE & eHEALTH (ISfTeH) uses any personal data (also referred to as ‘information’) collected about you. It describes:
- what information we collect about you;
- how we use your information;
- who we share your information with;
- your rights regarding our use of your information;
- how long we keep your information; and
- how to contact us.
2. What information do we collect about you?
We basically collect the following information about you :
- Your name
- Name of your Society, Association, Institiution or Company
- Registered address (Street; Number, P.O.Box number, Postal code, City, Country, Tel. and /Fax number, e-mail address, website)
- Eventual Secondary address if and when you make an enquiry about our services, when you apply for membership, when you make payments
3. How do we use your information?
We use your information
- to process your request
- to enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into the contract
- to pursue our legitimate business interests in providing and marketing our products and services
- ith your consent to us using your information, which you can withdraw at any time
- to comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- other purposes that you have agreed with us.
4. Who do we share your information with?
We share information with the following third parties:
- persons connected with any administration of our business
- local and foreign regulators, governments, law enforcement authorities, advisors, courts, tribunals and arbitrators
5. What are your rights in relation to our use of your information?
You have rights under data protection law in relation to our use of your personal data, including to:
- request access to your information by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- update or amend your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- object to certain uses of your personal data including direct marketing and processing based on legitimate interests and processing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- request the deletion of your information, or restrict its use, in certain circumstances (for example, subject to lawful exceptions applying, you can request that we erase your information where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected)
- withdraw any consents you have provided in respect of our use of your information;
- request a copy of the information you have provided to us, to use for your own purposes
- lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
If you have subscribed to us or agreed to be on a contact list to receive information from us, you can ask to be removed at any time by using the unsubscribe link included in any e-communications or by emailing email@example.com
If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org - additional details of how to get in touch are set out in section 7 below.
6. How long do we keep your information?
Personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary, and that period of time will be determined with reference to applicable statutory limitation periods in your jurisdiction.
Any other information obtained as set out in section 2 above will be kept for no longer than is necessary and will be determined with reference to applicable statutory limitation periods in your jurisdiction, or otherwise as agreed between us.
We will keep our retention policies under review to ensure that your data is not stored for longer than is strictly necessary.
7. How to contact us?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you, you can contact us:
To the Executive Secretariat
CH – 4052 BASEL (Switzerland)
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on May 14th, 2018.